BareMinerals’ Buxom Babes Sailor Girls kit
Posted on at • 0 Comments • 230 views
- Vendor: Bare Escentuals
- Availability: beginning April 2009 through BE webstore & boutiques and Sephora
- Contains: 4 mini lip polishes
- Cost/Amount: USD$28.00
- Would you purchase again: yes
Initially, I wasn’t sure about this kit. Two warmer lip colors (which generally speaking are not the best shades on me), one clear/iridescent, and one cooler lip color? No. I love buxoms, and prefer minis to fullsize (so that I can try more colors, of course); but the makeup of this kit was too close to the Winter Escapade kit released just six months before this one, but with a generally warmer palette. So…no. I don’t know what changed my mind, but I’m glad I finally did get these colors.
Sure, Misty isn't all that versatile unless you really just want to add a very faint pink iridescence to your lip color; but Skipper is a hidden gem. A pinked coral with green iridescence? I haven't seen many lip colors that even try that combination. A few eye colors; but very few lip colors try for green iridescence. I actually like the effect quite a lot, and am sad that now, nearly a year later, I haven't seen any of these colors come out in full size.
This collection included:
- Marina — light raspberry pink shimmer
- Misty — clear with pink iridescent shimmer
- Skipper — coral pink with green iridescent shimmer
- Sunny — pale copper-tan shimmer