BareMinerals’ Five-Star Blush
- Manufacturer: bareMinerals/Bare Escentuals
- Availability: released as part of the Glamorous Life kit
- Color Range: sheer rose-berry sheen
- Staying Power: 3 out of 4 stars
- Cost/Amount: $18 for .03 ounces / .85 grams
- Would you purchase again: yes
- Similar shades:
The shade is very attractive, but it’s REALLY sheer. Yes, I know this is a blush, and one wants a blush to be a softer color instead of something hard-edged and potentially clownish; but I’ve gotten rather spoiled by great companies like Meow Cosmetics and Aromaleigh and Shiro Cosmetics, which have blushes that actually have some color payoff.
This blush doesn’t build easily. I’m not the fairest-toned person I know, but I’m on the pale end of the spectrum - and I can barely see this blush on myself. I don’t know how well this would work for deeper skintones. I also think that this shade wouldn’t harmonize easily with gold undertones, because it’s a cool-toned rose.