Aromaleigh v1’s Zinnia
- Manufacturer: Aromaleigh v1
- Availability: through the webstore from March 2009 to early April 2009, as part of Aromaleigh v1's Spring Solstice 2009 collection
- Color Range: delicate coral sheen with a violet iridescence
- Staying Power: 4 out of 4 stars
- Cost/Amount: $8 for 1.2 grams
- Would you purchase again: omg YESYESYES
- Similar shades: none...but this color works the same as Bare Escentuals' Hot Spot or the Pure Luxe Kaleidescope colors
I forget exactly when I first looked at the page displaying the Spring Solstice collection, but as soon as I saw the description of Zinnia, I was intrigued. As soon as I saw the swatch of Zinnia, I knew: if I bought no other color from this collection at all, I HAD to get Zinnia. I bought three pots, and I’m quite sure that I’ll go through it…oh, in a few years. (I’ve got a huge collection, and I rarely use the same eyecolor twice in one week.) But finish it off, I shall.
For those of you who love Bare Escentuals’ Hot Spot, or any of the Pure Luxe Kaleidescope colors, or indeed any duochrome mineral powder…Zinnia is either in your collection, or you are kicking yourself for missing it. It’s a lovely way to lend a slight peachy warmth to a look while at the same time adding a hot layer of violet iridescence. This effect works whether the pigment is applied dry or wet.
Hopefully, Aromaleigh will occasionally make a few more colors like this one. And I’ll gleefully buy three pots of that color, too.