Beauty from the Earth’s Meteor Shower
- Manufacturer: Beauty from the Earth Cosmetics
- Availability: part of the regular line
- Color Range: dark navy-black sparkle
- Staying Power: 3 out of 4 stars
- Cost/Amount: USD$6.50 for 1.6 grams; $2.00 for a 1/3 tsp sample jar
- Would you purchase again: yes
- Similar shades: Aromaleigh v1's Dominion
The manufacturer’s site lists this as a black with multicolored glitter; but to me it looks like a dark navy. The sparkle is definitely there, though! The sparkle seems to be made up of different sizes. Maybe the density of the sparkle lightened the black enough that it fooled me into thinking it was navy? No matter - this is a really nice version of the “black-with-multicolored-sparkle” that so many companies - mainstream and indie - have put into their lineup at one point or another. It applies smoothly and evenly, with no thin or bald spots either in the color or in the sparkle finish. It didn’t leave anything behind when I removed it, so no sooty residue, nor “blackening” in the way I most often think of the term.
I don’t know how well eyeshadows like this one would work as liners, just because of all the sparkle. You’d probably need to use something like Stick Em, or Pixie Epoxy, to make sure that the sparkle stayed put and didn’t just flake away, leaving behind the black. Which wouldn’t necessarily be bad…but if you apply a sparkly eyeliner, you probably want it to -=stay=- that way!