China Glaze’s Smoke and Ashes
- Manufacturer: China Glaze
- Availability: part of the Colors from the Capitol collection
- Color Range: dark grey black-flecked matte
- Staying Power: 4 out of 4 stars
- Cost/Amount: USD$6 for 14 ml / .5 fl oz
- Would you purchase again: yes
- Similar shades:
NOTE 03/25/2013: I will no longer be purchasing or reviewing any new China Glaze products, aside from the two that I have in the publishing queue. All previously-published posts will remain up. Info & links of interest
I’m not quite sure how often I’ll use this polish. It’s matte, but there’s a visual-texture so I don’t know how well it will work as a background for nail art. It’s an interesting contrast to the glittery and shimmery polishes in the Colors from the Capitol collection, and it fits thematically…but just because of personal preference, I don’t know if I’ll use it too much.
It applied smoothly and evenly, and was fairly durable. I didn’t have any problems with the brush being mangled either, like I have with a few other China Glaze polishes.