Orly’s Rock Solid
- Manufacturer: Orly Beauty
- Availability: released in Fall 2011 as part of the Mineral FX collection
- Color Range: charcoal-pewter grey sparkle
- Staying Power: 4 out of 4 stars
- Cost/Amount: USD$6 for 18ml / .6 fl oz
- Would you purchase again: yes
- Similar shades:
I purchased this on an impulse at Ulta. I hadn’t seen swatches of it on the web, otherwise…I may not have bought it. When I saw the bottle, I thought it was a black (or at least a darker) base color with multicolored sparkles. In actuality, the color is more of a charcoal grey with the multicolored sparkle. And the sparkle isn’t quite as evident as I thought it might be. The coverage is fantastic, application is smooth…it just wasn’t quite what I expected. (I bought two other colors from this collection, and they lived up to my expectations a bit more.) I also had to apply three coats to get the base-color depth I wanted and also get a decent showing from the sparkle. I like it better when polishes give me full coverage in two coats, but needing three coats means that this is still far from the worst polish in my collection.
The base color is similar to Specialita’s Zeus, which is another dark-charcoal-with-sparkle polish.