Silk Naturals’ Pop
- Manufacturer: Silk Naturals
- Availability: part of the regular line; released in Fall 2010
- Color Range: medium gilded lilac shimmer
- Staying Power: 3 out of 4 stars
- Cost/Amount: USD$4 for 0.75 teaspoon
- Would you purchase again: yes
- Similar shades:
This is one of the near-duochrome colors in Silk Naturals’ lineup. I have a few others: Sizzle, Jean Queen, Fairy Dust. (And then there are the ones that I unfortunately missed: Quiver and Splash.) Pop is a nice softer purple on its own, with a slight shimmer. Apply it wet, and in different angles you see gold and fuchsia flashes. It’s not as profound a color shift as some other shadows - or the Planetary Traveller micas from TKB - but it’s a nice accent and a little “plus” on a clear lilac eyeshadow.
Bare Escentuals’ Champagne is a definite gold/lilac duochrome. But a) it’s discontinued and b) no red-pink flashes, just the faded gold and the dusty lilac.