Concrete Minerals’ Souljourner
Posted on at • 0 Comments • 185 views
- Manufacturer: Concrete Minerals
- Availability: part of the regular eyeshadow line; also available in the Color Stacks kit
- Color Range: medium-deep lapis blue shimmer
- Staying Power: 4 out of 4 stars
- Cost/Amount: USD$7 for 1.5 grams
- Would you purchase again: yes
- Similar shades: Meow Cosmetics' Sardonic (almost exact)
Even though I’m reviewing them a week apart, I swatched these two colors almost a month apart…so it wasn’t until I was writing these up that I realized that they were nearly twins. On Concrete Minerals’ site, the color looks like it will be a blackened navy-ish, almost similar to Aromaleigh’s Drama Blue. It’s actually a tad brighter than that…it’s a rich lapis lazuli blue, with a shimmery finish (not a metallic finish) and very little “blackening” that shows up. All I saw when I swatched this color was rich rich blue. And a little bit of gold shimmer.
Adhesion was good, and while it did take a little more work to remove when I was swatching the color, it didn’t have a sooty leave-behind. This is an amazingly lovely color! I don’t know if I got a slightly altered batch or what; but on me this shade really shows up more blue than “blackened”, as it does on the Concrete Minerals site.