Concrete Minerals’ Ether
Posted on at • 0 Comments • 220 views
- Manufacturer: Concrete Minerals
- Availability: part of the regular eyeshadow line; also available in the Deathly Sexy and Color Stacks kits
- Color Range: dark pewter sparkle
- Staying Power: 3 out of 4 stars
- Cost/Amount: USD$7 for 1.5 grams
- Would you purchase again: yes
- Similar shades:
A good, solid, serviceable shade that companies seem to try to achieve…but don’t, quite. Either they’ll release a brighter silvery shade, or something that’s a full on metallic, or a medium-deep grey. This one has a nice finish and adheres well. The one catch is that there’s a little bit of residue when I go to remove the color. This isn’t too much of a problem, because I generally use this close to the lash line, and when I remove my makeup I’m done for the day (so sleep plus the morning shower finishes the removal job); but if you have extremely pale skin and use this as an all-over color without a primer of some sort, you may have to use a second cotton ball or remover wipe to get everything off your lids.
This color has less of the residue than Black Metal, the darker shade in the Deathly Sexy collection. And it doesn’t leave behind as much ‘soot’ as some blackened colors from both major and indie vendors. But…there is just a bit of it.