Entries for Friday March 18
Review: Evil Shades Cosmetics
- Company name: Evil Shades Cosmetics
- Presence: online storefront only
- Products: eyeshadows, blushes, lip colors, bases
- High points: some attractive colors
- Low points: no quantities; eyeshadows not sealed; ingredients not listed on individual shadows
- Would I buy from them again: as of March 2011, no. I would need to see colors that were unique to what I could find elsewhere, and / or would need to hear of increased product quality.
I first attempted to order from this company in late December 2010, based on positive recommendations from other bloggers. I had repeated problems placing my order: first I had problems putting items into my cart, then when I succeeded at that my cart would empty itself when I tried to check out. I don't use Firefox or MSIE as my primary browser, so I am used to sites (like Paypal) suddenly not working as expected due to back-end changes to those applications. I launched Firefox and tried again - but again had problems. After trying for 30 minutes to buy the colors in the Auld Lang Syne collection and failing repeatedly, I took this as a sign that I should Stop Spending Money and surfed away.
I tried to place additional orders from Evil Shades a few other times, only to close the browser window and decide to either buy something from another company, or to not buy anything. Finally I decided: since the Auld Lang Syne collection was marked as being discontinued, and I really did want some of those colors, I'd order two full-size jars of the shades I wanted.